CLIENT: Teighmore Ltd
PROJECT DURATION: 4 YEARS
The tower is a 72 storey mixed-use building and at present is the tallest building in London. The works included the demolition of Southwark Towers and construction of a 306m high tower. Planning permission approval was subject to the following additional works taking place:
- Improvements to the London Bridge station concourse, London Bridge bus station and works to St. Thomas Street
- Enabling works and investigations including the refurbishment of the Shunt Theatre
- Provision of new accommodation for train operating companies
- Relocation of EDF sub stations
- Concourse demolition works and replacement of Network Rail ramp and footbridge across St. Thomas Street.
Viewing platforms are at levels 68-72. The Residence levels comprise 10 apartments, one apartment per floor, levels 53 to 59, and three duplex apartments levels 60/61, 62/63 and 64/65. The UK’s first Shangri La Hotel occupies levels 34-52 with three restaurants and bars on levels 31-33 and office accommodation to the remaining floors.